Our client who is an award-winning sports hospitality provider has a new opportunity for a dynamic ‘Sports New Business Executive’ to join their Glasgow team. Their clients include Wimbledon, The 6 Nations, Cheltenham Festival, Formula 1, Royal Ascot and International Cricket, to name a few.
The company has continued to grow and remained open and sell throughout lock down. A huge credit to their existing sales team for their passion, commitment and “we’re in it together” attitude – truly the best sales team to join in Glasgow!
In a nutshell
The purpose of this role will be to bring in new business and manage accounts on all events based at world famous sporting venues. More specifically, you will generate new business through cold calling, maximise revenue by effectively managing an existing database of accounts, sourcing leads and initiate contact with major corporate buyers.
Role Purpose – New Business Development
- Identify new sales opportunities (New Business) – capitalise new accounts
- Attend industry events in order to generate business leads
- Have individual responsibility for growing and protecting business
- Work with the Head of Sales to generate and close profitable sales
- Generate high quality sales leads for the business
- Cold call senior executives and C Level staff
- Follow up swiftly on sales enquiries and sending out information
- Telephone sales experience preferred – minimum of six months to 2 years
- Excellent telephone manner, professional with the desire to SELL
- Previous industry experience desirable but not essential (B2B sales/corporate sales)
- The passion and mindset to create win/win solutions
- Demonstrable and successful B2B sales track record – ideally
- Highly self-motivated, forward thinking, goal driven
- Proven record of effectively meeting sales targets
- A team player that is also capable of working on own initiative
- Passion and genuine interest for the sports industry (desirable)
- Strong questioning, listening, closing skills
- Understanding of the Sales Cycle (Steps of the Sale)
- Confident at objection handling and able to pushback on clients
- Goal and achievement orientated
- Motivated to be successful, both as an individual and as part of a team
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Display a sense of urgency to get the task completes
- Great telephone manner
- The ability to think on your feet
Salary: £18k basic + Monthly commission structure + fantastic company benefits including gym membership.
Salary Increase – to £22k basic after 6 months probation period has been completed. All to play for!