Our client, a leading not-for-profit organisation has a new opportunity for an experienced ‘Communications Officer’ to join their team part-time. Our client is near Liverpool Street, however, due to the current Covid-19 pandemic, you will be working from home for the foreseeable future.
This is a part-time contract offering a maximum of 24 hours per week, a rolling contract upto 8 months. Financial services and in particular later life lending experience would be a bonus, but it is not essential.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, this role will see you produce a rolling communications programme in support of their business plan and act as the, go-to provider of information and opinion for stakeholders. Copywriting and editing will be a big part of the job, from tweets and blogs to brochures and speeches.
- Three years’ communications or marketing experience within a public or membership body or three years’ newsroom experience.
- Financial services experience.
- Awareness of the later life/retirement planning/equity release landscape.
COPYWRITING – Produce and/or commission high quality written content including:
- Member communications
- Press releases and re-active statements
- Opinion pieces
- Speeches and Blogs
- Marketing collateral
- Training collateral.
- Degree level qualification (E) ideally in a communications, marketing or related subject.
- A marketing, communications or journalism qualification (eg CIPR, CIM, NCTJ or equivalent).
- Outstanding written skills with the ability to convey complex information to a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent technical skills and a familiarity with modern digital communication tools.
- Exemplary organisation and time-management skills.
- Effective stakeholder management skills.
- Excellent oral communication skills.
- Ability to self-manage and problem-solve without direct supervision.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.