We have a very exciting opportunity for a tenacious ‘Head of Sales’ to join an award winning sports hospitality provider in London. Fast approaching 11 years in business, our client provides exclusive hospitality packages to leading events including; Formula One, Wimbledon, Six Nations, Royal Ascot, Cheltenham Festival, International Cricket to name a few.
Our client has experienced phenomenal growth during 2020 and have continued to sell throughout all 3 lockdowns due to the hardwork and commitment of their existing sales team in London. With exciting business plans ahead, they are now looking to fuel growth with a new ‘Head of Sales’ to lead their existing sales function.
Head of Sales – The Role:
We’re looking for a dynamic individual who will thrive in an unconventional sales environment. Reporting to their Board of Directors, you will take responsibility for driving the expansion of the company’s commercial activity in order to increase revenues and grow their customer base.
A hands-on individual, you will lead from the front, closing your own sales as well as motivating, leading and developing the team and working internally with the stakeholders. This role will see you be responsible for the London sales revenue of the company. You will be a strategic and entrepreneurial individual who wants to grow your long-term career, goals and ambitions. This role will also suit someone who is ready to take their next step up in their career ….
As an experienced Sales Leader, you will:
- Drive vision, strategy and results through personal and team sales activity.
- Convert sales funnel into commercial success.
- Deliver accurate reporting to the board.
- Recruit, train and manage a new and existing business sales team.
- Identify new commercial opportunities, new clients and potential markets.
- Occasionally attending events with clients to ensure they receive the best experience possible.
- Monitoring and improving KPI’s of each individual.
- Recruitment, development, and retention.
- Sales Training and Development Programmes.
- Monitor and report on sales performance.
Skills and Experience:
- Positive attitude, hunger and ability to motivate a sales team – essential!
- Outstanding sales team leadership and mentoring skills.
- Impressive track record in telephone sales and generating high revenue.
- The ability to work to, set and achieve KPI targets for yourself and team.
- Show initiative, take ownership and lead from the front.
- Thrive under pressure, learn from mistakes and believe that we can always be better.
- Be able to demonstrate that you have a strong grasp of detail, an ability to think on your feet.
- Understand the science and numbers of the sales process.
- Impressive experience managing the sales floor and driving home results.
- Have strong people skills – you will manage both new recruits and very experienced, successful and long standing members of the company.