Date posted: 1/10/2020
A leading digital marketing agency on the outskirts of Cambridge has a brand new position for a talented Front-End Web Developer. This agency has been established for many years and the team have been working full-time during lockdown – now busier than ever!
Our client is looking for a motivated individual to help strengthen their team and reputation for high quality website development, delivery and client satisfaction. As their Front-End Developer you will be working on a diverse portfolio of client projects where your ideas and experience will be highly valued and respected. They are a dedicated team so will keep you on your toes but reward you with a flexible working environment and the opportunity to express yourself through ideas and technology. The role is currently set to remote working but please make sure you’re available for meetings or workshops in the Cambridge studio when required.
- Several years of commercial experience, ideally in an agency or handling multiple projects
- Excellent understanding of front-end development
- Ability to build custom themes from start to finish with one or more of these systems:
Wordpress, Expression Engine, Craft, Shopify or Drupal. This does not mean just installing a theme!
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS / SASS
- Expert knowledge developing responsive, accessible and cross-browser websites
- Experience using Git version control
- Knowledge of preprocessing tools like Gulp
- A keen interest in new technologies and bringing ideas to projects
- Ability to work on multiple projects, communicate in a team and deliver on deadlines
- Understanding of PHP and frameworks (Code Igniter, Laravel)
- Familiar with third-party API integrations
- Experience working with e-commerce systems, SSL and payment gateways
- Web design / user interface design and user workflow
- General hosting account management
- Positive and optimistic approach to the delivery of projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and diligence throughout the development process.
- Understanding the importance of delivering client work and client care
- Working with your team to ensure quality and timely delivery.
If you are looking for job security and an employer who will invest time and money into your training and career, please APPLY today!