August 2021 – New Job Opportunity
An award-winning web design and digital marketing agency in Cambridge has a new opportunity for a hands-on ‘Front-End Web Developer’ to join their technical team. You will be a motivated individual who will help strengthen their team and reputation for high quality website development, delivery and client satisfaction.
Are you passionate about the web, clean code, user interfaces, the work you do and have a keen eye for detail? As a Frontend Developer, you will be working on a diverse portfolio of client projects where your ideas and experience will be highly valued and respected.
Our client’s dedicated team will keep you on your toes but reward you with a flexible working environment and the opportunity to express yourself through ideas and technology. The role is currently set to remote working but please make sure you’re available for meetings or workshops in the Cambridge studio when required and have your own transport.
- Several years of commercial experience, ideally in an agency or handling multiple projects
- Excellent understanding of frontend development
- Ability to build custom themes from start to finish with one or more of these systems:
- WordPress, Craft or Shopify. This does not mean just installing a theme!
- Expert knowledge of HTML and CSS / SASS
- Expert knowledge developing responsive, accessible and cross-browser websites
- Experience using Git version control
- Knowledge of preprocessing tools like Gulp
- A keen interest in new technologies and bringing ideas to projects
- Being able to adapt development workflow to match fellow developers for agency consistency
- Understanding of PHP
- Ability to build and manage a WordPress plugin
- Familiar with third-party API integrations
- Experience working with e-commerce systems, SSL and payment gateways
- Web design / user interface design and user workflow
- General hosting account management
- Positive and optimistic approach to the delivery of projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and diligence throughout the development process
- Understanding the importance of delivering client work and client care
- Working with your team to ensure quality and timely delivery