Reporting to the Head of Sales & Marketing, this role will see you provide administration support with both internal and external communications. The role will work alongside the sales & marketing and project management teams assisting with a variety of tasks including market research, data management, collating information for reports and preparing proposals and tenders for submission.
- To update and maintain their CRM system on an ongoing basis ensuring all business activity, such as exhibition data, networking event results, opportunities and debrief information is recorded.
- Research the market and follow up marketing, networking and event/exhibition and new business opportunities gathered from a variety of mediums with the objective of passing suggestions and leads to the sales & marketing team, in line with agreed strategies and targets.
- To assist the Marketing Executive with booking space and co-ordinating exhibitions including liaison with project managers to design stands and produce graphics and merchandise that are in line with brand identity guidelines.
- Ensure that exhibition deadlines are met including the raising of purchase orders, issue of invoices to accounts, pre-event marketing, venue requirements, and ordering of data collection tools.
- To represent the business at exhibitions and networking events when required.
- To assist the Marketing Executive with gathering information for the weekly blog and news stories, together with researching useful content for employees.Person specification
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience within the Events sector in a similar role – sales, administration or a customer relations capacity
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal to include writing creative and persuasive content for customer communications and proposals, with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- A professional but friendly approach to work – you’ll need to sniff out opportunities and have the tenacity to pursue them, whilst being mindful of the demands placed on our busy teams
- A resilient self-starter, experienced/comfortable with working remotely from direct line manager
- Experience of using CRM systems
- Excellent IT skills with full working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Applications including Word and PowerPoint