A fast-growing online fashion retailer has a very exciting opportunity for an experienced eCommerce Merchandiser to join their sales and marketing team in London.
This is an exciting time for the business as they continue enjoy a significant uplift in sales and as a result, they are ahead of their financial projections for this year. This is the perfect opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ladies’ fashion, with a creative eye and eCommerce experience within this sector.
Using a combination of online merchandising, content management and analytical skills, you’ll be responsible for driving revenue through the website for specified product categories. The ideal candidate has a strong eCommerce merchandising background with a blend of analytical and creative skills.
Reviews Daily and Weekly Sales performance
- Predicting sales forecasts, trends and maximising profits
- Collating and presenting in-depth analysis in season, building towards seasonal strategy.
- Maintaining awareness of competitor performance and providing in-depth weekly/monthly competitor analysis.
- Together with the marketing team, understand the departments’ performance around conversion, visits, bounce rate, search terms etc. in relation to the sales. Suggesting ways to improve via maximum search variety, exposure via position on site, and promotions and email content etc. resulting in maximum sales.
- Maximising best sellers, top 100 by forecasting sales accurately
- Analyse sales figures, customers reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs
- Ensuring we are maximising sales by displaying the product correctly.
- Reviews over and under performance at Product Group level and drives trading actions to maximise potential
- Analyse at a country level the best and worst performing products and categories and take needed action to display products accordingly.
- Is aware of current and emerging best practice within merchandising
- Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas.
- Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts.
- Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action
- Ensures that best sellers reach their full potential
What experience you’ll need
- Experience in a similar online merchandising or eCommerce retail content role.
- Experience working with sales and marketing teams
- Strong analytical ability, confident managing spreadsheets and using this to handle data.
- Experience of using analytics tools to identify trends and take appropriate actions, i.e. Google Analytics.
- Compute software proficiency (e.g. Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong commercial awareness and understanding of how eCommerce Merchandising impacts online turnover.
- Self-motivated with the ability to identify problems and demonstrate use of initiative.
- Basic HTML knowledge is preferred.
- Strong organisation and time-management skills.