An amazing opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and organised Events Manager to join London’s top event organiser, delivering global meetings & event management services. Operating out of Mayfair in London, our client offers venue finding, incentive travel, event production and conference management services for a wide range of corporate clients.
The role will involve researching venues with passion and enthusiasm, so an in-depth knowledge of London, UK and European venues is essential as you will be visiting and assessing venues. You must also understand how to source the right venue according to your clients’ specific criteria. The role involves UK and international travel, working outside of normal office hours and thinking on your feet.
You will be an engaging, personable events professional with highly developed networking and relationship-building skills. Confidence in front of clients and suppliers is imperative, as well as excellent communication skills both on the phone and in writing appealing and detailed proposals.
- Minimum 3 years Agency experience
- Successful candidates will be required to carry out face-to-face meetings with suppliers and clients and so it is imperative that they are presentable with an engaging personality
- A clear and confident telephone manner
- Ability to write detailed proposals in English
- The role includes working on budgets & so confident financial management imperative
- A passion for venue finding & the events industry
- Excellent knowledge of London, UK & European venues
- An in-depth understanding of what is involved in finding the right venue based on client’s specific criteria
- The flexibility to travel for international events and work out of office hours
- The motivation to become an integral part of an expanding business
- A strong work ethic & masses of enthusiasm
- The ability to multi-task, retain venue information/knowledge
- Experience of working with online delegate management systems is desired
You must be adept at financial management and working to a specific budget. Experience of working with online delegate management systems would be an advantage.
This is a challenging and exciting role in an expanding business. This role is best suited to a motivated individual with and strong work ethic and masses of enthusiasm.